3-Day Tour At the Mountains & Lakes of Northern Peloponnese
with a full equipped AWD automatic truck camper
This off road tour is located in one of the most beautiful locations in Greece. Lakes, wild horses, high altitude driving, museums and caves await to be discovered! An adventure in a place with a rich history, picturesque isolated villages, hospitable inhabitants and traditional local products.
Day 1 | Corinth Canal, Acrocorinthos and Lake Dasios
We will depart from Rolling Turtles premises and we will head south via the highway. Not more than 1 hour drive, we will cross the Corinth canal and make a stop there to understand the importance of this canal, how it was used in the ancient times and how the Corinthians moved trade shops or warships on land thousands years ago. We will visit the actual place that the ships were docked and transfered inland. We will be able to see the skid marks from thousands years ago.
For the adrenaline lovers, there will be a bunjee jumping experience in the canal from the highway Bridge before leaving for the beautiful castle. (optional activity, upon availability)
If we are lucky enough we will see some of the seals that live in the area while having a good snack.
After the canal, we will climb the nearby mountain that has a strategically located castle, Acrocorinthos, that controlled the whole area, land and sea. We will have a great view from above, understanding how the Corinthians (400BC) carefully planned every move and how they got rich making alliances with the Athenians and the kings located in the Italian territory. We will walk in the old city center and listen to the ancient baths with their running water that are still fully functional but not accessible to the public for preservation reasons.
Leaving the sea behind us, we will make a 1.500 meter ascend to lose ourselves in the wild. We will stop for the day at Lake Dasios to enjoy the view, the fresh air and take mesmerizing pictures. We will prepare our early dinner in a picturesque location. Right in front of us there will be the lake and right behind it, standing up with its sharp peaks, Mt Ziria. The group will gather around the fire and discuss / learn about the Greek nature, wildlife and weather.
Day 2 | Mt. Ziria and Lake Dhoxa
After our breakfast in front of the lake, we will leave towards the south, circling Mt Ziria, entering a valley where we will observe wild horses roaming around and we will have an amazing view towards Lake Dhoxa, which is our next destination. Descending towards Goura village, we will enjoy the view of Feneos Valley. The Dhoxa Lake is one of the most beautiful lakes in the Balkan peninsula. We will have enough time to rest, enjoy the view, go cycling, horse riding, visit the old monastery, take pictures and more!
Our next stop is the rafting establishments where we will enjoy rafting, archery, wall climbing, river swimming and more! We will camp there and enjoy the day!
Day 3 | Ladonas Lake & Return
Our morning starts with fresh swimming for the brave or warm coffee for the rest of the team! We can go explore the Ladonas lake by boats (optional). We will cross the old bridge and turn our journey to the north, heading towards Lake Tsivlos. Our team will rest and recharge from the beautiful surroundings in order to off road till the highway and our return to the Rolling Turtles premisses. An amazing journey will come to an end but the memories will last forever!
4x4 Automatic Gearbox Truck Camper
Our amazing AWD pickup campers are special designed and equipped to visit the most remote places of this amazing country and enjoy wild camping with all amenities. The standard equipment of our 4×4 off-road truck campers comes from renowned top brands, such as ALUCAB, SNOMASTER, FRONTRUNNER
Camper Specifications & Equipment
– 4X4 Isuzu D-MAX Double Cab
– 1st registered 2020, Diesel
– Automatic Transmission AWD
– Cruise Control
– Radio Bluetooth Hands Free
– 9’’ Touch GPS Display, Rear View Camera
– Rooftop Tent ALUCAB (2,3 x 1,4 m)
– Comfortable mattress & LED lights
– 270⁰ shadow awning by ALUCAB
– Electric box 2 x 230V outlets, USB ports
– Service battery Dual AGM EP-900
– Solar Panel with 100W power
– 56l Snomaster (30l fridge & 26l freezer)
– 100l fresh water & outdoors shower
– 1 x Table by ALUCAB
– 2 x Chairs by FRONTRUNNER
– Snorkel & Sandboard
– Dual Gas Stove
– Dinnerware, Cooking Set
– Beddings for 2 x persons (Pillows, Covers, Sheets & Towels)
Price: 1.790€ (2 persons all inclusive*)
Duration: 3 days – 2 overnights
Dates: Fridays 13:00 – Sundays 17:00
Start-Finish Location: RT Premises
– 4×4 pickup camper fully equipped as described
– Fuels, Tolls, Entrance fees, Tickets
– 1 x daily Lunch or Dinner by RT (tavern, picnic or barbeque local traditional cuisine)
– Wild camping on selected encharming landscapes by RT
– Activities by RT like hiking, trekking, swimming etc. in different locations
– Tour guide with great experience and local morphology knowledge (BLS & AED certified)
– Escort vehicle for extrication, provision for technical support & first aid kit
– Walkie Talkie supply for 24/7 free communication
– Tour description digital booklet with pictures & videos
– 5% discount to any new tour participation or campervan hire