Adventure tour in Kastoria
Routes in the kingdom of the waters of Western Macedonia, from Mount Vitsi to the alpine lakes of Grammos and the lakes and peaks of northwestern Macedonia.
Based in the unique Kastoria, we follow routes through green mountain landscapes on Mount Vitsi to the lakeside area of Prespa with the small fishing villages that keep the tradition alive. From Nestorio to the mountain peaks in Grammou with the hidden alpine lakes Arrenes. Tour of the wonderful stone villages of the Northeast Pindos, home of the famous craftsmen who built the ornate stone bridges of Pindos. Adventure routes in authentic, untouched by mass tourism, mainland Greece. The excursion offers an outlook of the most beautiful images and the most intense flavors from the mountains of Greece and its traditional villages, passing by important historical monuments and impressive Byzantine monasteries.
Routes that pass-through landscapes of exceptional beauty, as we cross pristine forests in mountains, gorges, lakes and rivers, secret mountain passes and old stone bridges, forgotten settlements over time and places watered with history. Routes for those who love adventure in nature and want to get to know the real Greece and its authentic hospitality, and taste the traditional local cuisine.
Day 1: At the mouth of Aliakmonas
The route starts at noon on Saturday from Kalambaka. We follow a beautiful mountainous mixed road (dirt & asphalt) to the beautiful city of Kastoria where we spend the next few days.
Day 2: In the lakes without borders
From Kastoria city, we head to the impressive lakes Mikri and Megali Prespa (Prespes). Our route passes through lush mountain landscapes on Mount Vitsi and ends in the lakeside area of Prespa with the small fishing villages that keep the tradition alive. Return to Kastoria for free time to tour the picturesque neighborhoods of the city, which is famous for its furs and beautiful lake.
Day 3: At the Greek-Albanian border
Tour of Grammos, the wild mountain with its endless meadows and steep slopes. Departure from Kastoria after breakfast, to get to know landscapes of wild beauty where the modern history of Greece was written. The route is destined for Nestorio, the mountain peaks in Grammos, the unknown alpine lakes Arrenes. We pass by the wonderful stone villages of Grammos where famous craftsmen have built the ornate stone bridges of Pindos.
Day 4: Vermio
Return day, where after breakfast we will admire the city from above and we will start a mixed route to Vermio and from there a route to Athens.
Duration & Dates
4 days – 3 overnights
19/08/21 – 22/08/21
22/10/21 – 25/10/21
23/12/21 – 26/12/21
25/03/22 – 28/03/22
28/04/22 – 01/05/22
– 4-Day organised tour with our fully equipped campers , hi-end camping gear and special “unmapped” routes through beautiful landscapes, lakes, rivers and hidden villages guided by experienced scouts.
– Adventurous off-road routes & off-road training (for 4×4 vehicles)
– Guidance from experienced scouts with great knowledge of local geography/morphology
– 3 overnight free camping on selected encharming landscapes with full equipment (hotel upon request)
– 6 to 9 participating vehicles with carefully selected company
– An introductory party with a barbecue meal or at a traditional tavern with delicious local delicacies and drinks
– Fully equipped escort vehicles for extrication
– Walkie Talkie supply for free 24/7 communication between all vehicles (2Way VHF & CB)
– Provision for technical support & first aid kit
– Tour description booklet with references to the best sight-seeings
– Pictures, videos & captures
– ROLLING TURTLES CLUB membership card which offers a 5% discount to any new tour participation or campervan hire
– additional 5% discount voucher for purchases from company’s E-SHOP
– Not Included: Fuel, tolls, admission tickets, food & drinks, hotel room or organized camping places (available upon request)
* Our AGB Terms & Conditions apply to all the bookings.
* If the minimum number of participants is not achieved on time, Rolling Turtles is entitled to withdraw or postpone the tour. In this case, the participant will be reimbursed for the full paid amount or receive a voucher for the next tour available (participants own decision).
Off-Road Camper from 740€/person
VW T6 Campervan from 620€/person